Writer and consultant Sally McKeown is immensely experienced in inclusion and special needs, and her current consultancy work for the Building Schools for the Future programme has included researching "don't miss" products and services at BETT 2010
Here's her New Year gift for anyone working in inclusion and special needs – her own, downloadable "Best of BETT 2010" PDF file. And Shoofly's innovative Skin Deep materials for enhancing social and emotional learning kick off this creative tour of BETT 2010. Get it here.
While the full details are in the download, here is the list from Sally's 'SEN Top 10 Tour of BETT 2010':
1. Skin Deep from Shoofly (BETT stand X12)
2. MyZone (Special Needs Fringe 2010)
3. AboutNumbers, from Life Tool (Special Needs Fringe 2010)
4. Pretty Things, from Q&D (BETT stand A60)
5. ReacTickles, from BLI Education (BETT stand C50)
6. Zu3D, from Zoologic (BETT stand SW160)
7. CommunICaTion seminars (Special Needs Fringe 2010)
8. OSKA (On-screen Keyboard Application), from Claro Software (BETT stand SN64)
9. SMART Table, from SMART Technologies (BETT stand B50)
10. LEXIA, from LexiaUK (BETT stand SN68)
January 13-16, Olympia, London
BETT 2010 features its own special needs 'Zone' (Wed-Sat) while the Special Needs Fringe, run by Inclusive Technology, will be at the Olympia Hilton Hotel (Wed-Fri). Both areas support seminars.
www.bettshow.com Special Needs Fringe 2010
Sally McKeown is a freelance writer and is an expert in special needs and inclusion. She is currently working with Accessible Futures Ltd and Northgate, supporting a group of special schools in Kent through BSF wave 4.
Her website is at www.sallymckeown.co.uk